Wednesday 2 May 2012

new piece...


Hi guys!
I've been doing this for the past few days, thought it could be something for that AOI thing? Also I thought it might fit into the story I started ages ago with the penguin. Think it still looks a bit rough though. I have been being mega critical of myself recently, don't think anything is good enough lol.
I reckon I might submit a few of my older works for that exhibition too, maybe the birds one and the clock penguin one.

Any thoughts? :)

xxxx
(I like the title btw! "quest to success" yeah!!)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! For the AOI thing are you focusing on spreads or just any size, it doesn't really say does it? :)
    That is so so lovely!
    The penguin is the subtlest bit though, is that intentional? Also, it might be nice to see more of the city behind him, climbing up the mountain abit more? What do you think?
    It is stunning though :)

    Yeah I love those ones! Do it :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the pieces I've been doing are the same size, about 55x39cm. It doesn't say no, but I like this size if it was in a frame, I can't do much bigger really! And it doesn't say about spreads either! I've been getting into a habit of just painting rather than spreads. I don't think it matters though they just say "artwork".

    I did think that, maybe put some winding steps around or something? I hadn't really thought about the penguin, maybe I should make him stand out. He was a bit of an after thought I didn't plan it that way! Maybes I'll put some more brickwork in.

    Thanks though!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, really like this piece beckie! only wish it was a bit bigger so I could see more of the lovely details. I really love your penguin and clock piece in black and white, think you should definitely submit that for the AOI comp. I think I'm going to set myself the target of doing 5 new pieces for the competition...or give it a go anyway :S xxx

    ReplyDelete